The Government College of Art & Craft in Kolkata, Admission is one of the oldest Art colleges in India. It was founded on August 16, 1854 at Garanhata, Chitpur, “with the purpose of establishing an institution for teaching the youth of all classes, industrial art based on scientific methods.” as the School of Industrial Art and official website www.gcac.edu.in and www.gcac.applythrunet.co.in.
Eligibility Criteria for Government College of Art & Craft Admission 2019
Educational Qualification : Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent. Reservation- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC candidate as per rules of Govt. of West Bengal.
1. A student will be permitted to sit for the examination at Under-Graduate level as a regular candidate if he or she attends 75% of the total classes in the session.
2. A student having percentage below 75% but 60% and above, will have to apply for condonation to the vice-chancellor, University of Calcutta, after paying the condonation fee for non-collegiate candidates as per regulation of the University of Calcutta.
3. Students having percentage below 60% will be declared as dis collegiate students and will not be permitted to sit for the examination in that session.
4. An applicant from other countries must have an equivalent certificate from the University of Calcutta (Not necessary for Application procedure but should be produced at the time of VIVA-VOCE).
5. A Candidate can apply for single-stream only and may not be changed to any other stream under any circumstances.
Reservation of seats : Reservation of seats will be maintained as per published list by Government including 3% vacant seats against PWD category Within each category (SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B).
Registration Fees : Registration fee amounting to Rs.350/-
Government College of Art & Craft Admission 2019 – www.gcac.edu.in
Name of The College : Government College of Art & Craft
Affiliated to : University of Calcutta
College Website : www.gcac.edu.in and www.gcac.applythrunet.co.in
Course of : BFA
Level of Courses : Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode : Online
Courses Available in the college :
1. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA).
How to Apply for Government College of Art & Craft Admission 2019
Eligible students can apply online through official website www.gcac.edu.in and other admission website www.gcac.applythrunet.co.in.
Students are required to bring following documents :
1. Mark sheet of Higher Secondary examination or equivalent.
2. Admit Card of Madhyamik examination or equivalent.
3. SC/ST/OBC certificate if any.
4. Certificate of Person with disabilities (PWD) issued by any competent authority.
5. Colour Photograph of the applicant.
Address : 28, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700016.
Disclaimer : Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detail information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses and how to apply about Government College of Art & Craft – Admission, Merit List 2019.