Bhawanipur Education Society College – Admission & Merit List
The Bhawanipur Education Society College is situated in Kolkata in West Bengal state of India. Established in 1966, it is accredited from UGC, AICTE and it is affiliated to University of Calcutta, Kolkata. BESC, Kolkata offers 13 courses across 4 streams namely Commerce & Banking, Management, Science, Arts and across 5 degrees like BSc, BA, B.Com, BBA, M.Com and official website www.thebges.edu.in.
Eligibility Criteria for Bhawanipur Education Society College Admission 2021
Educational Qualification :
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the 3-year B.A/ B.Sc./ B.Com/ BBA (Honours), Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being less than 100 and fulfills the conditions given below.
2. No candidate shall be allowed admission after a lapse of more than 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular Course of Studies after passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
3. Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination or its equivalent from CBSE, CISCE (ISC), WBCHSE (WB Board) and National Institute of Open Schooling need not submit the Migration Certificate for getting Registration under Calcutta University.
4. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Community taking up Honours Course of Study must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination, as the case may be. (Holders of valid certificate from State of West Bengal only).
5. Aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental Education/ Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. If the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
6. In case of non-receipt of minimum valid applications in a particular subject/ discipline the college reserves the right to commence/ hold classes in that particular subject/ discipline.
7. A candidate taking up Honours Course in a subject must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the Honours or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or,
8. 55% marks in the Honours or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or,
9. 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
Application Fees : Application fees amounting to Rs.200/-
Bhawanipur Education Society College Admission 2021 – www.thebges.edu.in
Name of The College : Bhawanipur Education Society College
Affiliated to : University of Calcutta
College Website : www.thebges.edu.in
Departments : Arts Stream, Science Stream and Commerce Stream
Courses of : Honours & General
Level of Courses : Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode : Online
Courses Available in the college :
1. B.A. Honours– Bengali, English, History, Sociology, Political Science, Journalism & Mass Communication.
2. B.Sc. Honours– Electronics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
3. B.Com. Honours– Accountancy, Business Economics including Business Mathematics, Business Organization, Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Studies, Office and Secretarial Practice, Financial Accounting, Elements of Cost Accountancy & Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accountancy & Principle of Management, Commercial Law & preliminaries of Auditing, Costing & Taxation.
How to Apply for Bhawanipur Education Society College Admission 2021
Eligible students can apply online through official website www.thebges.edu.in.
Students are required to bring following documents :
1. The original mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
2. One attested photocopy of the mark-sheet of the last qualifying examination.
3. Original document showing the date of birth.
4. One attested photocopy of date of birth document.
5. Three copies of a recent passport size photograph.
6. The caste/ tribe certificate in original (only for S.C./S.T. candidates).
Address : 5, Elgin Rd, Sreepally, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700020.
Important Links Details :
Click Here ⇒ College Admission 2021
Click Here ⇒ Apply Online
Click Here ⇒ College Website
Disclaimer : Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detail information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses and how to apply about Bhawanipur Education Society College – Admission, Merit List 2021.