Behala College – Admission, Merit List 2021 : Behala College, established in 1963, is an undergraduate college in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta, It was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and official website www.behalacollege.in.
Eligibility Criteria for Behala College Admission 2021
Educational Qualification :
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the 3 year (six semesters) B.A./B.Sc./ (Honours/General)Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being less than 100 and fulfils the conditions as laid down in Clauses 2 and 3.
2. For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the B.A./B.Sc./ (Honours/General) Courses, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. Marks in compulsory Environmental Education/Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. However, if the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
3. For the B.A/B.Sc (Honours/General) course of studies a candidate is required to choose his/her Honours and two/three elective subjects, as the case may be.
4. A candidate taking up Honours course in all other subjects must have obtained- A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or, 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or, 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination.
5. Students belonging to the Reserved Category taking up Honours course must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination, as the case may be. A candidate must obtain at least 30% marks in the subjects chosen for General course.
Reservation of Seats : Reservation for SC/ST candidates are in accordance with the following norms set by the special cell for the Welfare of Backward Class, University of Calcutta. There is a reserved quota of 22%, 6%, 10% and 7% for SCs, STs, OBC-As and OBC-Bs respectively in each subject (Honours) stream/course. 3% is reserved for physically handicapped candidates from all categories separately.
Application Fees : Candidates should have to pay application fee through online using Credit card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
Behala College Admission 2021 – www.behalacollege.in
Name of The College : Behala College
Affiliated to : University of Calcutta
College Website : www.behalacollege.in
Departments : Arts Stream and Science Stream
Courses of : Honours & General
Level of Courses : Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode : Online
Courses Available in the college :
1. B.A. Honours– Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication.
2. B.A. General– Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Defence Studies, Physical Education.
3. B.Sc. Honours– Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geography, Economics, Electronics, Food and Nutrition.
4. B.Sc. General– Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geography, Economics, Electronics, Food and Nutrition, Botany, Statistics.
How to Apply for Behala College Admission 2021
Eligible students can apply online through official website www.behalacollege.in.
Students are required to bring following documents :
1. Original and attested copies of Mark Sheet of the last public examination (H.S or equivalent).
2. Original and attested copies of Admit Card/Certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination as proof of age.
3. Original and attested copies of Caste certificate from the competent authority for SC/ST candidates.
4. Original and attested copies of Character certificate from the head of the school or college last attended.
5. Original Migration Certificate for students migrating from other Boards/University.
6. Two copies of recent passport size photograph of the student.
7. Registration form duly filled in (available with the admission form).
Address : Banamali Naskar Rd, Dhopapara, Parnasree Palli, Behala, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700060.
Disclaimer : Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detail information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses and how to apply about Behala College – Admission, Merit List 2021.